With the foundation for academics in place, students in middle school are ready to build on that foundation, discover and develop individual gifts, and explore their own areas of interest.
Friends Christian School exists to develop, nurture, and equip students to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ. In grades five through eight, students have the opportunity and encouragement to grow spiritually, academically, in the arts, in athletics, and in leadership.
Accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International, FCS provides a biblically integrated curriculum that follows the California framework for academics. All teachers have state teaching credentials and ACSI certificates. They bring a love for the Lord and a passion for teaching, and it shows in the classroom.
The FCS middle school campus enjoys great facilities including large classrooms, a music room, library, gymnasium, and athletic fields. The church sanctuary is available for chapel and special assemblies.
What sets FCMS apart from many other schools?
- Large student population (approx. 100 per grade level) with small class sizes
- Positive peer relationships
- High standards of student behavior lovingly enforced
- Wide variety of extracurricular activities to help students find their "niche"
- Weekly non-denominational Christ-centered chapel services
- Two computer labs with technology integrated into most subject areas
- 5th/6th grades with art, music, physical education and computer teachers
- Jr. High electives: Advanced Art, Yearbook, Spanish and "Wheel"
- Choir, Band and Praise Team
- High quality drama and musical productions
- Academic support for students who learn differently
- Competitive athletics in cheerleading, flag football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, softball, baseball, track/cross country
- Leadership opportunities
- Extended educational field trips to Rawhide Ranch in sixth grade and Washington D.C. & New York in eighth grade
- ACSI sponsored students activities including spelling bees, speech meets, math Olympics, chess tournaments, piano festivals and choral festivals
If you want a place where your middle school student will be loved, encouraged, and challenged
to excel in every area of his or her life, we invite you to come visit FCMS.
My children have been significantly impacted by their experiences at FCS. My first grader came home recently and told me that she had given her...
Why do I teach at Friends Christian School? Because I've seen the impact that FCS has had in my own children's lives. I give credit to my...