What We Believe
Friends Christian School exists as a ministry of the Friends Church Yorba Linda and Rose Drive Friends Church to provide a Biblically integrated curricular and extra-curricular program that meets the spiritual, academic, emotional, physical and social needs of each student in preschool through eighth grade.
The mission of Friends Christian School is to develop, nurture and equip students to positively impact their world for Jesus Christ.
The philosophy of Christian education at Friends Christian School is based upon the existence of a living God who created all things and has revealed Himself to us. The revelation has come through the written word, the Bible, and through the living Word, Jesus Christ, and through creation.
The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. Jesus Christ is the central theme of history and is the central authority of what men say, do, or believe. Man was created in God's image, but that image was ruined at the fall when man chose to sin against God. God provided a way of redemption for man through the incarnation, death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. A regenerated person receives the Holy Spirit to guide him into all truth.
The education at Friends Christian School is God-centered and seeks to view life in every dimension as God sees it. All educational goals and objectives are found within the Bible, among which are glorifying God, reaching the lost, and training and maturing individual believers.
The knowledge of Jesus Christ is essential for personal individual development in matters physical, mental, social, and spiritual. All members of the educational process at Friends Christian School are personally committed to Jesus Christ. We believe that the educational process cannot truly take place apart from the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
We believe that a proper relationship between family, church, and school is essential to Christian education. It is the responsibility of the parents to teach and train a child. Friends Christian School, as a ministry of the church, is an extension of the educational process of the home.
The education offered at Friends Christian School is designed to meet the student on his level of development and growth. We strive to instill the proper priorities of life, the first being individual commitment to Jesus Christ. The educators at Friends Christian School are committed to the basic principles of our philosophy, and have demonstrated effectiveness in their ability to communicate them.
We believe. . .
1) That the Bible is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, Word of God and is the standard for Christian living (Matthew 19:4-5; Mark 12:26; Romans 15:4; I Corinthians 14:37; II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21; II Peter 3:2, 16);
2) That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity (Matthew 28:18-19; John 1:1-2, 14; 10:30; Acts 5:3-4; II Corinthians 13:14; Hebrews 1:1-3; Revelation 1:4-6);
3) In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His Lordship over all of life, and in His personal return in power and glory (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:1; 1:18; 3:16; II Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 4:15; Leviticus 17:11; Matthew 26:28; John 1:29; Matthew 28:5-6; John 20:17; Acts 2:32-36; Philippians 3:20; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13);
4) That man, though created in the image of God, is separated from God because of sin and that every person is born in a state of sin and in need of salvation in order to be reconciled to God (Genesis 1:26; 6:5; Psalms 14:1-3; 51:5; John 6:53);
5) That salvation is by grace alone through faith, by the merit of the shed blood of Jesus Christ, apart from any work (Ephesians 2:8; Isaiah 64:6; John 5:24; 10:27-30; Romans 8:35-39);
6) In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation, that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers, that the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to all believers to be exercised for God's glory and the edification of believers, that all gifts are to be used in accordance with God's Word, and that holy living, not ecstatic spiritual experience, is to be the goal of every believer (I Corinthians 13:1-4; 14:19; John 16:13-14; 3:6; 16:7-11; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:30; I John 2:20-27; Ephesians 4:11-12);
7) That the Christian is called to live a holy life, separated from patterns of fornication, idolatry, adultery, effeminate behavior, homosexuality, thievery, covetousness, drunkenness, reviling, and swindling (I Corinthians 6:9-11; Romans 12:1-2; James 4:4; II Corinthians 6:14; I John 2:16);
8) That the scripture teaches that God's people are to assemble together regularly for worship, for edification through the scriptures, and for mutual encouragement (Hebrews 10:23-25; Acts 2:42; 20:7; I Corinthians 12:20-28; 16:1-2; Ephesians 4:11-16; I Timothy 4:13; II Timothy 3:16; 4:2);
9) In the individual access of every believer to God through Christ, and the spiritual unity of believers in Christ (Hebrews 7:25; I John 2:1; I Timothy 2:5; I Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:20-23; 4:3-6; Colossians 3:14-15);
10) In the resurrection of the saved unto eternal life, and the lost unto eternal damnation (Luke 16:19-26; II Corinthians 5:8; II Thessalonians 1:7-9; Jude 6:7; Revelation 20:11-15).
Friends Christian School prepares students to become
F—Faithful followers of Christ;
C—Collaborative and diligent workers;
S—Seekers of knowledge and critical thinkers;
L—Lifelong self-directed learners;
I—Involved in ministry with the community;
O—Obedient servants for God and others;
N—Notable and effective communicators; and
S—Spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically well-developed.